Nobiliar villa with private chapel
Ref. code: MD17Located in the countryside of the municipality of Modica, in Ragusano, this villa constitutes one of the most important eight-nineteenth century complexes of Modica and it belonged, from 1822, to the noble house of the Grimaldi. The villa is accessed by an elegant and well-manicured rectangular garden that connects the entrance to the aristocratic central body developed on two levels and which still maintains intact the flavours and suggestions of the time. Of particular historical significance is the so-called "King's Room", a room in which a canopy was set up on the occasion of the visit of King Ferdinand II of Bourbon who in that room stayed overnight in 1844. Protected by the Superintendency of the Cultural Heritage of Ragusa, the residence also has a private chapel inside. In Addition to the central body, the estate has an additional stone body, recently built. A characteristic typical "Baglio" of the place and an italian park enrich outside, with also a swimming pool, of about one hectare. It is a house of great historical and cultural value that still retains the characteristics of a late baroque structure of the highest prestige. This villa was the summer estate of the Princes Grimaldi.
- Phone: +39 0184 26.16.87
- Price: € 2.500.000
- Ref. code: MD17
- Type: Villas
- Conditions: Excellent/Refurbished
- Energy class: ND